[sldev] GSoC - mesostructures

Karl Stiefvater qarl at lindenlab.com
Thu Jul 10 16:33:46 PDT 2008

yeah - that's a good question.  nothing has yet been decided about how
to use the new technology...

right now we'll just make a proof of concept viewer (probably off
Dave's shadow branch) and use the existing bump maps as the relief map.

someday, we'll want to provide the ability to upload/attach some new
height map - but then we'd also like to be able to upload/attach
specular, reflection, normal, etc, etc, maps for our materials.

perhaps that someday might eventually come.  :)

K.