[sldev] Re: Speed of adopting open practices (Re: IJIRA and PJIRA)

Tofu Linden tofu.linden at lindenlab.com
Fri Jul 11 15:49:51 PDT 2008

Mike Monkowski wrote:
 > You don't have to go full
> PJIRA all at once.  Read-only IJIRA would be a big step forward, though

I totally sympathise - we've been discussing the ramifications of an
integrated Jira since before the initial open-source release.  There's
general agreement that an integrated Jira is desirable as a goal, BUT
for reasons Rob described - and more - this hasn't happened yet and
won't take the form of automatically throwing our old issues public as a
rule.

We use our internal Jira for way, way more than technical bug-tracking,
plus I'm sure you understand that historical attached data and comments
written against issues for the context of internal consumption can
easily contain sensitive information concerning residents (i.e. contact
information, etc) which was never intended to leave Linden Lab.

-tofu