[SLDEV][VWR] Viewer Memory Manager

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Sun Jul 13 19:19:42 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 19:19 -0500, Sheet Spotter wrote:
> The Viewer Roadmap includes a “Viewer Memory Manager” project with a
> “Fix Viewer Memory Leaks” deliverable.
>
>             http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_Roadmap
>
>             http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_Memory_Manager
>

> Has there been progress on the Viewer Memory Manager?

Not that I'm aware of.  I think that's on the near-term roadmap (per
office hour discussion about VWR-3943).

> Is there an opportunity to contribute to this initiative?

I think it'd be handy to put any suggestions that you have on this page:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:Viewer_Memory_Manager

It may just be that we eliminate Smartheap on Windows and call it a day,
but if there's something out there that we should be using, we'd
appreciate the pointer.

Rob