[sldev] Noob Compile Errors

Wolt Amat woltamat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 07:55:37 PDT 2008

I didn't see any replies to the earlier email of the subject "SL Startup
Errors Message" of March 25, 2007, or discover any new clues anywhere else.
If anyone has some breadcrumbs to throw an amateur (I was able to solve the
zillions of previous pilot errors with all your earlier comments, THANKS!
:-) ).

Environment as per Wiki - VC++ Exp 2005 SP1, Win Server 2003 R2 PSDK,
DirectX December 2006, CMake 2.4.8, Cygwin 1.5.25-14, ActivePython 2.4.5.14,
Fmod 3.75, OpenGL headers, ares and openJPEG files already in Branch, QT
SDK.

Branch 1-20-13-r91658, "Test" project removed from build list.

		DEBUG build of indra_complete, report 237 warnings:
-	"..linked as if no debug info", LNK4099, in libs apr-1, aprutil-1,
areslib, freetype, jpeg_lib_6b, libcurld, libexpatMT, llmozlib2d-vc80,
ogg_static_mt, png12, vorbis_static_mt, vorbisenc_static_mt,
vorbisfile_static_mt, xmlrpcepi, libndofdev.
-	Files not found in final link:
1.	- dlls - freeb13, gksvggdiplus, js3250, nspr4, nss3, nssckbi, plc4,
plds4, smime3, softokn3, ssl3, xpcom, xul, openjpegd, tntk, libeay32,
ssleay32, srtp, alut, vivoxsdk, ortp, wrap_oal
2.	- exes - windbgdlg, SLVoice, SLVoiceAgent.
-	Execution of debugview failed because most symbols were not loaded.

	RELEASE build of indra_complete, report 26 errors, 1 warning:
-	llmath -> LNK4221, llrect.obj, lllogitechlcd.obj, - no public
symbols found.
-	llwindow-> libexpatMT.lib (xmlparse.obj) LNK4075, 'ignoring
/EDITANDCONTINUE due to '/OPT:ICF' specification.
-	win_crash_logger -> libcmtd.lib many LNK2005 errors and final
LNK4098 and LNK1169, symbols already defined in libcmt.lib. I see this is a
Debug versus Release issue, but I couldn't find where to change settings.
I'll just dig thru my paths on this one, since it did not show up in the
Debug build.
-	Stopped before building executable.

Thanks!
Wolt Amat