[sldev] LLString, char -> std::string

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 02:40:11 PDT 2008

Greetings,

This is not a question or inquiry per se, more a notification to the client
tinkerers and source enthusiasts that may not have kept up with the
latest changes in the release branch of the client on the SVN.

Currently there seems to be a major overhaul of the String handling
in the source. I'm quite impressed. All LLString occurances and
char variables/pointers seem to be getting replaced by the C++ Standard
library string type, and the old snprintf's are being replaced by direct value
assignments.

Major Kudos to LL on that decision. I'm really glad this is being done finally.

That is all. Hope the list was the right spot to do this :3

--Chalice Yao