[sldev] Better build instructions

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 11:31:39 PDT 2008

Ricky wrote:
> I whole-heartedly agre on Point 1.
>
> On point #2 however.. Maybe we can keep using existing pages, but add a
> sidebar linking to the old revisions of the page where each build
> instruction set had been completed before the change.
>
> This would require some discipline to keep maintained, but I think it is
> better than cluttering the Wiki with a bunch of new pages, and having to
> remember to update links on other pages scattered all over the wiki. :-)

I don't think it would generate that much page clutter, the build
instructions are not going to change every release and i think its worth
keeping the history of how version X was built. It would be particularly
useful if there are large changes then its possible to start on the new
versions as it goes through RC but keep the old ones very much up front
to avoid user confusion.

Just add an index page that links to each version.

Robin