[sldev] Better build instructions

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Fri Jul 25 13:45:43 PDT 2008

Ricky wrote:
> 1: If the most common new developer (see note) DOESN'T want to get the
> latest edition of the code.  I don't understand why they wouldn't...
> Maybe some enlightenment for me?

If you want to make a code change and you want to allow many people to
use it without much hassle, then you want to distribute as little as
possible, usually only the viewer executable, and let others just drop
it into the existing installation.  This means the stable version and
the release candidates and an occasional First Look.

I have never built from the trunk and I don't see any reason I would
want to. :-)

Mike