SV: [sldev] Re: CMake 2.4.8 vs 2.6 (Re: Missing cares, apr inMac build)

Carsten Juttner carjay at gmx.net
Sat Jul 26 12:00:32 PDT 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Suzhanna sent me a few binary files that I requested from her, and I
> checked release out of svn.  I found the issue, and have put a fix
> into CMake CVS and on the 2.6 branch. I should have the next CMake
> 2.6.1 release candidate with the fix ready by Monday so you folks can
> try it out.

Hi,

On the same note (but probably more a problem of the SL cmake files):

I'm currently running into problems with both release cmake 2.6.0 and
2.6.1 patch 13 (from CVS CMake-2-6 branch) on a Linux x86_64 system
(Kubuntu Gutsy). Since it is 64 bit, this is a standalone build.

The issues I experience are due to dependencies of the library targets
not being communicated to CMake so they only get added for the
application but not for the target libraries against which the
application is also linked.

For example llcommon.a is dependent on the system provided APR-library
but this is not stated in its subdirectory. It seems that 2.6.0 changed
the way libraries are listed on the command line (probably related to
the same policy change that was described on the list before?).

This has the effect that during the final link e.g.
../llcommon/libllcommon.a appears on the command line only after
-laprutil-1 -lapr-1 have already been stated (since they are only listed
in the CMakeLists.txt for the application itself).

Attached patch fixes this for me. Can anyone confirm that this is the
correct approach for all relevant platforms?

Carsten