[sldev] Making cmake do the fmod copy

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 02:47:24 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Soft <soft at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> Anyone want a swing at making cmake copy the fmod libs into the tree
> if an environment variable is set to the location of the
> untarred/unpacked/unzipped fmod SDK? This would get the last bit of
> manual ugliness out of the build process on all three platforms. I
> previously said I'd ping the cmake team about this, but then realized
> someone on-list might already have the interest and know-how.
>
> I JIRAd this as https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-8393 and
> imported. If I see a patch appear on jira.secondlife.com before
> anything's ready internally, I'll gladly fast-track import it.

The FMOD.cmake, already has the provision for this and if it cannot
find the fmod libs in the prebuild location it searches under
FMOD_SDK_DIR.

Now the problem i have is how do i set FMOD_SDK_DIR, i can modify
develop.py to add a -DFMOD_SDK_DIR:STRING= etc but i am not sure what
is desired or welcome wrt modifying the develop.py.

Robin