[sldev] [VWR] cmake issues with libGL and friends

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 07:10:31 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I remember this coming up during #opensl chat but i can't recall seeing it here.

Been testing with cmake-2.6.1-RC15 but i still get a link error
related to libGL and libGLU, the error is coming from the fact that
${OPENGL_LIBRARIES} is providing the linker lines -lGL and -lGLU which
is of cause picking up my system installed libraries in /usr/lib in
preference to any others. In fact cmake gave a warning to that effect
that the libraries in ../i686-linux/lib-release and lib_release_client
may not be found as default system search paths will override.

I'm not sure of a sane way to force cmake to use the linden supplied
library if the system libraries are present.

Robin