[sldev] GPL violation?

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 12:03:48 PDT 2008

On 6/1/08, Argent Stonecutter <secret.argent at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2008-06-01, at 09:17, Cenji Neutra wrote:
> > Not sure which aspect you're referring to when you say "clear this is not
> allowed" Dante, but I know that the GPL certainly allows the sale of
> derivative works (binary and/or source).
> >

> But it doesn't allow you to add additional restrictions to the license.
> Their restriction to a single avatar is clearly in violation.

Not just the single avatar but the following statement:-

"Any additional duplication, distribution, or modification of this
software is expressly prohibited"

This is clearly a MASSIVE licence change and goes against everything
the GPL stands for (not that you can make any licence change with out
the copyright holders agreement) but this is particuary bad.

Robin