[sldev] RE: Landmarks and Navigation Update 2008-05-29

Sarah Hutchinson sarah at aucreativegroup.com
Thu Jun 5 17:01:30 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Jacek Antonelli <jacek.antonelli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ick, ick ick. I don't want to read nor type nasty, ugly, cofusing
> "http://slurl.com/secondlife/Beaumont/152/166/46" when I should just
> be able to type "Beaumont", "Beaumont (152,166)", or "Beaumont
> (152,166,46)" -- depending on how specific I feel like being. Why
> force people to type in all that needless boilerplate and punctuation?

I apologize for the confusion - while the SLURL has been discussed as the
default, you will also be able to type a Region name. I'll check in with the
development team to get some more specifics.

It would also be really useful to be able to type in a landmark, with
> name completion, just as it is in the Map floater. Type in "Ben's
> house" (the name of the landmark in my inventory), press Enter or
> click Go, and off I go to Ben's house.

I agree. I'd like to have this functionality too. When I name a Landmark,
'My build hideaway', I'd like to be able to type that into the address bar.
I will follow up on that as well.

- Kippie