[sldev] CMake project merged to release branch!

Bruce Tong tongb at ohio.edu
Thu Jun 5 21:12:43 PDT 2008

Yes, I was running that within a bash shell from cygwin. I'm not sure
why, now that I think about it. Some part of the process had me
install it. I like bash and I guess it must have been wishful thinking
on my part, or something.

If I try it from a windows command prompt, I get...

C:\ZZTong\SLDev\linden\indra>develop.py -G VC80
Running 'cmake "" "C:\\ZZTong\\SLDev\\linden\\indra"' in 'build-VC80'
-- Building with FMOD audio support
-- Building with FMOD audio support
-- Version of viewer is 1.20.6.0
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/ZZTong/SLDev/linden/indra/build-VC80
Running 'tools\\vstool\\VSTool.exe --solution build-VC80\\SecondLife.sln --confi
g RelWithDebInfo --startup secondlife-bin' in 'C:\\ZZTong\\SLDev\\linden\\indra'

Opening solution: build-VC80\SecondLife.sln
Looking for existing VisualStudio instance...
  Didn't find open solution, now opening new VisualStudio instance...
  Reading .sln file version...
  Opening VS version: VC80...
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
Quitting do error opening: C:\ZZTong\SLDev\linden\indra\build-VC80\SecondLife.sl

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Soft <soft at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Bruce Tong <tongb at ohio.edu> wrote:
>> I attempted to build using cmake for the first time. I seem to have
>> encountered something similar to what Michelle2 Zenovka mentioned in
>> VWR-6794. I guess that's fitting since I was following her nice
>> summary found at...
>>
>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Michelle2_Zenovka/cmake
>>
>> I was using the sources from... slviewer-src-maint-viewer-7-r88903
>>
>> $ ./develop.py -G VC80
>
> >From the $ prompt, are you attempting this with cygwin? What happens
> if you try it from a command shell without cygwin in your path?

Bruce Tong
Software Engineer
Office of Information Technology
Ohio University