Hubris, was Re: [sldev] Cache politics: performance vs obfuscation

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 00:50:43 PDT 2008

On 2008-06-10, at 01:37, Jason Giglio wrote:
> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> All DRM schemes are no better than "honor system" deep. They work
>> because most people don't need any more incentive than that.
>

> Yes, exactly.  Which is why we do not need to add additional
> complexity
> and bugs,

Which is not what I'm suggesting.

> Most people are honest, and most people will remain honest.

Most people are pretty honest. Most people will remain pretty honest
as long as that's the easy way. But when I drive the speed limit
pretty much everyone passes me, and most people don't bother donating
to the building fund but will buy a ticket to the museum, so long as
there's someone at the door taking tickets.