[sldev] [AWG] [META] {EMERGENCY WILL ROBINSON] Jira for meta-gridpermissions change

Ann Otoole missannotoole at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 14:19:53 PDT 2008

From: Kitty <sldev at catznip.com>

 >Maybe you just want to take money from consumers and
give nothing in return,
>but not everyone will see it that way and it doesn't
have anything to do with what you're implying.

Your looking for love in all the wrong places kitty.
Your not going to find it by trying to change an intelligent discourse into a flame war to defend something you may be doing that is not allowed under the current TOS.

LL allows open source viewers to connect to and render content inside the Secondlife Service.

LL has not been granted nor has requested a license to transmit or distribute content outside of the Service nor has LL created an arrangement to bring external grids under the umbrella of the TOS (the loophole).

When you connect a viewer to the service you are bound by the TOS.

The TOS applies only to the Service.

This is why SL IMs can be published outside the service and it is not a TOS/CS violation albeit rude and bad form to do so.

You do not have a license to 3D render and display SL licensed content outside of SL under the existing TOS that protects the rights of creators inside Secondlife.

Argue all you want but your not going to change a thing. Only lawyers and LL will make any relevant changes.
This entire discussion on rights/licenses is useless until LL brings the lawyers into it.

On the other hand there is nothing wrong with discussing the technology that may one day become usable when the legal issues are worked out by lawyers and reflected in various TOS's and EULA's. Since the coders here seem to take exception to the ide of their precious sex pose ball or projectile weapon code being taken from SL then maybe a more fruitful discussion/debate should focus on how to transfer the scripts out. Because this is all worthless unless it all gets to transfer between grids.

So come on out coders. Time for you to start working up ways for your content to get taken from Secondlife. If scripts are not allowed to go then neither is any other content. It is all or nothing because it is not a true compatible grid if the widgets don't work.

Or is there a problem with two faced discussion here? Oh its perfectly fine for *your* content to be taken but not *my* scripts. Nuh uh. Sorry. that will not stand.