[sldev] Cache politics: performance vs obfuscation

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 17:38:59 PDT 2008

It probably depends on how the conversion takes place. If a sculptie texture
image contains metadata that describes it as containing RGB data in the sRGB
color space, then I would hope no conversion of the actual RGB data would
occur. The condition that concerns me is if the actual RGB data is
transformed if I upload an image in another format, or if it is merely
marked as sRGB in metadata. As a content creator it would be nice to know
how the conditions where any changes to the data occur. Would it be possible
to fool the importer by specifying the data is in sRGB, but replacing the
actual data with something else?

Thanks for the reference to that web site John, it described my earlier
concerns fairly well.