[sldev] [Policy] C++ N00bs exploring the client source code?

Bruce Tong tongb at ohio.edu
Thu Jun 19 11:46:46 PDT 2008

I'll just say you're not alone and that I appreciate what may seem
like ignorant (not stupid) beginner's questions.

We're in similar states, Dale. My C background is about 5 years stale
and I usually worked on server-side stuff. There is ANSI C++ syntax
that I don't recall ever seeing before in the source code and I feel
kind of embarrased to admit that. I mean, I wrote code in C for many
years before taking jobs that used Java. All the various issues about
rendering graphic images and the various libraries they use are all
completely foreign.

Anyways, as far as I'm concerned, ask away. Being a (relative) noob is
temporary.

SL: Wilton Lundquist

--
Bruce Tong