[sldev] Which VS2003 components are (not) needed to compile?

Kent Quirk (Q Linden) q at lindenlab.com
Mon Jun 23 06:27:56 PDT 2008

I'm not in the office today to verify the details, but:

a) You can certainly avoid anything related to MFC and ATL -- we don't
use those, or ActiveX.

You can drop these from your list:

> 1.2.1.1 ATL MFC Shared Libraries ANSI
> 1.2.1.2 ATL MFC Source Code
> 1.2.1.3 ATL MFC Static Libraries ANSI
> 1.2.1.4 ATL MFC Shared Libraries Unicode
> 1.2.1.5 ATL MFC Static Libraries Unicode
> 1.2.3.1 MFC Trace Utility
> 1.2.3.3 OLE/COM Object Viewer
> 1.2.3.4 ActiveX Control Test Container
> 1.2.3.6 ISAPI Web Debug Tool

As well as some of the library choices, but I don't remember which ones.

Regarding documentation, it's sometimes (but rarely) useful to have
the Windows documentation handy.

But with that said, once we get the CMake stuff straightened out,
we're very much looking forward to NOT using VS2003 anymore
internally. I don't know how long this information will be useful.