[sldev] [ANN]{AWG]{PYOGP] Virtual Worlds Open Grid Protocol testing library in Python

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Jun 24 14:58:17 PDT 2008

John Hurliman wrote:
> I skimmed over the article but couldn't find any explanation of why.
> Maybe I'm late to the party, but why is a content management system
> architecture being used for a virtual world networking library?

[...]
>     http://mrtopf.de/blog/an-introduction-to-the-zope-component-architecture/

[...]

It provides a reasonably simple way to hide the implementation details
for large chunks of code.

Instead of having named class libraries for various chunks of protocol
testing/implmentation code, we have ZCA interfaces, so we can use
different libraries for testing/prototyping/optimization purposes.

Different people and groups could be testing using different libraries
and the overall structure of the pyogp wouldn't change. Nor would
everyone have to follow exactly the same naming scheme for each module.

Lawson