[sldev] [VWR] gcc 4.1.2 and viewer 1.20.10

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 04:05:54 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Having a gcc issue on 1.20.10 also reported on JIRA as VWR-7831.

x86_64-linux-client-release/newview/llviewerregion.cpp:111: error: no
match for 'operator!=' in 'this !=
LLViewerRegion::getHttpResponderPtr() const()'

I'm assuming gcc 4.1.2 cannot handle the implicit casting required
here. 4.1.3 and newer seems ok but this is a particular problem for me
as i need to build on 4.1.2 (the version in debian etch) to avoid a
whole world of distribution issues with my viewer packages.

Is the fix as simple as an explicit cast? or is gcc just deciding the
pointers are of different classes and as there is no = operator
defined, balking at what it thinks it cannot do?

Thanks for any help on this one!

Robin