[sldev] [VWR] 1.20.11 linux compile error

Carsten Juttner carjay at gmx.net
Thu Jun 26 13:04:17 PDT 2008

Drew Dwi wrote:
> This is my first attempt to build the client from scratch, amd64
> ubuntu 8.04. I searched the list for a similar error but didn't find
> anything. libuuid.so.1 seems to be missing. I can copy it from the
> 1.20.11 pre-built binary package, but wanted to see if this was my
> error somehow or if the source is missing this file?
>
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libuuid.so.1, needed by
> ../linden/libraries/i686-linux/lib_release_client/libaprutil-1.so, not
> found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
> ../linden/libraries/i686-linux/lib_release_client/libapr-1.so:
> undefined reference to `uuid_generate'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> scons: *** [linux_crash_logger/linux-crash-logger-i686-bin-globalsyms]
> Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.

Hm, are you building for 32 bit? The Linden pre-built libraries are 32
bit only but you seem to have used at least the libaprutil-1.so somehow?

The two libraries in the log are libaprutil1 (Apache Portable Runtime
Utility Library) and uuid (universally unique id library). Their
packages are called "libaprutil1-dev" and "uuid-dev" on Ubuntu, they are
not originally from LL.

Regards,
Carsten