[sldev] Can anyone help?

Terry F. terry at usfastweb.com
Sun Jun 29 13:22:17 PDT 2008

I'm having some trouble compiling 1.20.11RC can anyone help?
I am a "Noob" compiling the viewer and I keep getting errors.
I'm using VS2005 Express.
Nicholaz has helped me in the past by sending me a "PRE" converted,
Ready to compile folder and I have been able to build this fine, so this
leads me to believe my setup and program settings are correct.

I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong trying to convert and prepare
the downloaded material on my own.
I'm sure it's something I'm overlooking, but I can't figure it out.
I've spent countless hours trying to resolve my problems but cannot
successfully download,  convert/prepare, and build the viewer.

I open the "indra_complete.sln" file.
I've set "newview" as my default project and "unloaded" the test,
win_crash_logger and win_updater projects.
I choose "Release" then click build, and it eventually errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm getting this error(There are others, but I'm trying to solve each in
order):

llsys.cpp(144) : error C2665: 'utf16str_to_utf8str' : none of the 2
overloads could convert all the argument types
i:\linden\indra\llcommon\llstring.h(430): could be 'std::string
utf16str_to_utf8str(const llutf16string &)'
while trying to match the argument list '(WCHAR [128])'

Thank-you,
-Terry