[sldev] agent-domain branch

Christian Scholz / Tao Takashi (SL) tao.takashi at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:11:38 PST 2008

Hi!

No, this is not the case (afaik). Not sure if this my original text there
still but it means more a logical connection in that it accepts the request.

All of this is quite raw anyway, more details on how it really should work
should be available soon when Zero has finished his writeup. After that I
guess this section might need an overhaul anyway.

-- Tao

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Fairlight <fairlight at tigress.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Hmm.. does "The Agent Host establishes a connection with the client" mean
> that the server at LL will start a tcp connection with the user client?
>
> I am asking because that could cause all kinds of problems with clients
> behind NAT and Firewalls, where the internal IP of the client does not
> match the IP the connection seems to come from and where a connection to
> the external IP would require special router rules to be forwarded to the
> internal network. In addition, if you have more than 1 client behind the
> NAT/Firewall, this will fail, if  static. And if it is not static, you
> need a matchign dynamic filter for the Firewall..
>
> All in all, I hope the servers never initiate a connection to the client!
>
> Best regards,
>  Fairlight Lake!
>
> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:41:46 -0000, Soft <soft at lindenlab.com> wrote:
>
> > agent-domain?
> > http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Agent_Domain
> >
> > agent-domain.
> > http://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/branches/agent-domain
> >
> http://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/branches/agent-domain/doc/asset_urls.txt
> > /index.html
>

> --
>                         (`.-,')
>                      .-'     ;               F a i r l i g h t
>                  _.-'   , `,-          t h e   w h i t e   l i o n
>            _ _.-'     .'  /._
>          .' `  _.-.  /  ,'._;)   E-mail:
> fairlight at tigress.com
>         (       .  )-| (         Homepage:
> http://www.tigress.com/fairlight
>          )`,_ ,'_,'  \_;)  fL    Puppetry          E-Mail:
> pawpet at pawpet.de
>  ('_  _,'.'  (___,))             Puppetry Homepage:
> http://www.pawpet.de
>   `-:;.-'

Christian Scholz
Tao Takashi (Second Life name)