[sldev] Apply for Google Summer of Code?

Christian Scholz / Tao Takashi (SL) tao.takashi at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:33:34 PST 2008

Hi!

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Rob Lanphier <robla at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Should we apply for Google Summer of Code?  Please direct comments here:
> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MISC-993

I think it would also be good to have a place for collecting ideas on what
actually to work on.
We also have somewhat of a process around this over at

http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-summer-of-code-2008/project-home

for the Plone project.  Maybe this guide also helps for people to find out
what being a mentor or student in this actually means:

http://www.gnome.org/~federico/docs/summer-of-code-mentoring-howto/index.html

It should be clear that certainly some work is involved in this but it's
also good to make this project more known and get some help.

-- Tao

--
Christian Scholz
Tao Takashi (Second Life name)