[sldev] [VWR] llmozlib and xulrunner

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Fri Mar 7 16:39:42 PST 2008

On 3/7/08 12:04 PM, Callum Lerwick wrote
> The first question that will be asked if I bring this up on fedora-devel
> will be:
>
> Have the llmozlib developers made every effort to work their changes
> upstream?
>
> The answer will have to be yes.
>
> I really can't proceed until I know what the long term intentions are
> for llmozlib. Is it a temporary fork until the changes can be worked
> upstream, or is LL planning to maintain a fork forever?

We really don't want to make a fork.  I think "every effort" may need to
be a Linden Lab + you all kind of thing.

> Is LL even going
> to stick with Mozilla, or move to WebKit?

We're really actively exploring our options, and everything is on the
table, including "none of the above".  I'm hopeful we can make one of
the free/libre options work.

Rob