[sldev] Building 1.19.1

Tony anthonyrbundy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 18:40:04 PDT 2008

Ahh, see, my noviceness with the SL source is showing.

Now that I have cleared up those other errors, some new ones reared
their head (probably further compiling was blocked by the earlier errors)
I get a number of unresolved externals.
It looks like some string functions from STD

One of the less ugly looking ones is:

Error    46    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall std::_String_base::_Xran(void)const "
(?_Xran at _String_base@std@@QBEXXZ)    llmedia.lib

One of the more ugly ones is

Error    45    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall std::_String_base::_Xran(void)const "
(?_Xran at _String_base@std@@QBEXXZ) referenced in function "public: class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > & __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::erase(unsigned
int,unsigned int)"
(?erase@?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@QAEAAV12 at II@Z)
llmedia.lib

There is also one for std::_String_base::_Xlen and one for
std::ios_base::Addstd

I'm not too sure, but it would look to me like an assumed reference to
the STD library? I can't, however, find where these are declared in
order to find which file is referring to it.

A short google search looks like something to do with native compilation
or using __CLRCALL_PURE_OR_CDECL
I'm not quite sure I followed all of it though. The links I was looking
at were:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=79018&SiteID=1
<http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=79018&SiteID=1>
and
http://www.chatbear.com/unity2/4991/367,1119885296,19383/873293/0#1

I'm not sure what I should do to correct this. A couple of the other
things seem to point that it may be STL and boost? One comment said
something about using an updated boost (from 7.1 to 8.0)?
Does this make more sense to anyone else? I'm not sure I follow it all.
Tony