[sldev] Re: [Opensim-dev] Voice Module

Ryan McDougall ryan at 3di.jp
Fri Mar 14 01:59:16 PDT 2008

The current status is that it builds on windows, and when you rename the
executable to SLVoice.exe, and enable voice from within the SL client,
it connects to a hardcoded SIP URI.

The next step is dependent on server backend. It should dynamically
generate a unique SIP URI instead of taking the one from the SL client
(which points to Vivox servers).

With a recompile of this source code, people running OpenSim can have
primitive voice chat by setting up an Asterisk server as I have in my
testbed.

Cheers,