[sldev] GTK 2.8

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Mar 16 01:24:46 PDT 2008

One?  Ah, blender.  (http://www.blender.org)

> Cross platform compatibility means blending in seamlessly with the
> platform it is running on. It does not mean making your program 100%
> uniform across all platforms, that is simply wrong and will make all
> your users hate you.

I believe I have a similar opinion with you.  That's why I keep
objecting against an idea to make SL use GTK on Windows/MacOS.  I
prefer native look and feel over _unified_ ones.

I'm not objecting the idea to support the primary selection under
X11.  I simply have no enthusiasm to work on it.

> Well, if slviewer was using GTK widgets or even QT you'd get it
> automagically...

For it's own windowing in place of LLUI?  I think it's just another
story...