[sldev] Re: [Opensim-dev] Voice Module

Ryan McDougall ryan at 3di.jp
Sun Mar 16 18:20:59 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 10:32 +0100, dr scofield wrote:
> Ryan McDougall wrote:
> > The current status is that it builds on windows, and when you rename the
> > executable to SLVoice.exe, and enable voice from within the SL client,
> > it connects to a hardcoded SIP URI.
> >
> > The next step is dependent on server backend. It should dynamically
> > generate a unique SIP URI instead of taking the one from the SL client
> > (which points to Vivox servers).
> >
> ParcelVoiceInfo seems to return a SIP URI to the SL client. we've
> started some code to enable ParcelVoiceInfo, but seem to be missing
> other bits to get the SL client to view our region as voice enabled.
> have you done anything in that direction yet? otherwise we could
> submit our fragments and build on that.
>
>     cheers,
>     dr scofield

Due to incompatibilities with SL's GPL license and OpenSim's BSD
license, I have not looked at the SL client viewer c++ code.

However I am interested in working with people who have, so I'd be happy
to discuss things further. If you would like to have a more indepth
discussion, I can dig about the sourceforge site and set up a mailing
list.

Cheers,