[sldev] realXtend viewer compiles without FMOD!

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 05:44:45 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Jani Pirkola <jpirkola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>

> > With out me digging through the source....
> >
> > are you using Segs OpenAL patch and my gstreamer streaming code or
> > have you done anything different?
>
> Yes, we are using Segs patch, but we did not take the streaming code, so
> that does not work. Thanks for the tip, we will look into that at some
> point.

The streaming is not a sub task on Segs openal JIRA, (i forget the numbers)

> For wind sound, we took Michelle's patch.

*coughs*  :-)

Have you done any updates to this or got it working better? or was it ok for you

>  We have not experienced any "popping" so far, but if there is a problem, we
> will also take a look on that in the future.

Soft found the best repro, repeatably click a button such as inventory
so it opens and closes, you can sometimes hear "distortion" at the
start of the sample.Now i know i got similar distortion with the wind
when buffers were incorrect size but i can't find a buffer problem
that could cause this so its still there.

Regards

Robin