[sldev] Open Source Meeting call for items - Thursday 2pm

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Mar 26 20:48:33 PDT 2008

Edward Cherlin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Soft <soft at lindenlab.com> wrote:
>
>> The usual - if you've got something you'd like covered, please add it:
>>
>>  https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Source_Meeting/Agenda
>>

> OLPC lightweight client, education, health...

Squeak Smalltalk is bundled with every OLPC for the eToys programming
capability. I would say that you would want to implement a lightweight
client on the OLPC using Squeak and probably leverage Croquet
technology  to do it. Not sure if Croquet is bundled with the OLPC but
if it is, you're probably 90% of the way there already.

Even if it isn't,  I would think Squeak would be the programming
language of choice for almost any OLPC project (hats off to Alan Kay for
making Smalltalk extremely relevant in the 21st Century).

Lawson