[sldev] Your Feedback Wanted on Search Flagging !

Thomas Grimshaw tom at streamsense.net
Fri May 2 14:49:35 PDT 2008

Matthew Dowd wrote:

> All you need is a co-ordinated group of X+1 people determined to
> remove say anyone selling sculpties (or a more realistic prejudice),
> for them to at least temporarily get sites removed. Effectively, such
> an approach is a "guilty until proven innocent" one.
>
> Matthew
Indeed, and this is the tactic used to harass many people in second life
right now, particuarly with "age verification". Always guilty until
proven innocent, so what an excellent tool to knock someone out of
second life whom you don't particuarly agree with? Or, in this case,
content..   And don't tell me that the lindens review each case, I was
banned twice in the space of three weeks due to some unfounded malicious
"under age" reports (after I had already verified my age, no less).

A flag doesn't need to be repetitive in order to be abusive, and to
cause damage.

Tom.