[sldev] Your Feedback Wanted on Search Flagging !

Jesse Barnett jessesa at gmail.com
Sun May 4 19:40:16 PDT 2008

> On 5/4/08, Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com> wrote:
> Flooding a legitimate listing with illegitimate flaggings will only
> result in making the abuse attempt all the more obvious, and thus the
> more likely, and quickly, the review team's banhammer will come down on
> the abusers.

I would imagine an unusual pattern of flaggings would also raise a bit of
curiosity. It wouldn't take too much intelligience for someone to notice a
bunch of different accounts all flagging from the same ip address. It is one
thing if we were talking about strictly a machine algorithm for someone to
game but when the final review is ultimately in human hands, it becomes
considerably more difficult.