[sldev] Font Corruption in 1.20RC5, Need download links for previous linux builds.

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Mon May 5 02:19:08 PDT 2008

Kamilion wrote:
> So I was following my normal update routine, download the latest RC,
> extract it, delete the previous RC's folder, and fire it up.
> Only, now in RC5, my fonts are totally hosed and the client is near
> completely unusable on my laptop.
> It was working great in previous RCs, which had fixed most of the
> issues I had experienced on this laptop.
>
> Found someone else had already posted this in JIRA:
> http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-6984

I'm glad its not a me only bug again. Thats quite interesting that you
say this has got worse from early 1.20.X RCs to now. I certainly saw
this in RC4, i didn't test before RC4 on the effected hardware.

I did have other corruption in earlier versions but something has
changed to make this severe corruption in the RC.

What i may do is check out specific revisions from SVN on the 1.20
branch and try to isolate a revision where it went wrong but as the
revisions tend to me bulk synchronises from internal SVN it still leaves
quite a wide code base even if i find a specific revision.

If you do find anything please ping me directly as well as VWR-6984

Robin