[sldev] Re: Font Corruption in 1.20RC5, Need download links for previous linux builds.

Kamilion kamilion at gmail.com
Tue May 6 14:15:21 PDT 2008

Thanks, gridargs.dat seemed to work. I was able to log in without a
problem on RC2.
It appears that it was somehow overriding my command line options with
the options in gridargs.dat, might want to take a closer look at that
as well, with the new boost-provided command line parser.

Any ideas on the font corruption?

I'm happy to help track it down, and I'm in the south bay area if any
linden would like to take a closer look at my hardware.

(and yes, I know this is an unsupported graphics configuration, and
won't work at all in windows due to the lack of hardware texture and
lighting, but I've been running SL on this laptop under linux at
~10FPS/24mFarClip for over a year without any major problems other
than all the vowels in certain fonts like the IM *window* being a
pixel lower than they should be, and I can live with that. It's been
happening since 1.17, and I've even grown rather fond of it, but it
would be nice to have it fixed.)

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Ryan Williams (Which) <rdw at lindenlab.com> wrote:
>  Hmmm... that would be bad.  Alternatively you could try -channel (single
>  dash was the oldschool nasty way).  Or stick the argument in gridargs.txt.
>
>  I believe it prints out the command-line arguments in the logs as it
>  starts up, so that would be a good way to confirm that it's reading the
>  right thing.
>
>  -RYaN
>
>  (cc-ing sldev, sorry for the dupe kamilion)

Oh, and thanks so much for window-izing the statistics bar, it's the
main reason I use dazzle... the original dazzle Bright Blue color
scheme made my eyes bleed, but this muted blue is much much better.
Kudos for listening to us on the eye-bleedyness.

Now off to repair the script I've been trying to log in for hours to fix!

Thanks, Ryan!

-- Kamilion
"Never feel stupid for asking questions, feel stupid for ignoring answers."