Contribution agreements (Re: [sldev] What is the point offirstlook and giving feedback to LL)

Opensource Obscure open at autistici.org
Thu May 8 03:14:51 PDT 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008 15:54:11 -0700, "Dahlia Trimble"
<dahliatrimble at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would the onrez viewer be an example where the submission agreement would
> be
> applicable instead of GPL?
>
> Also, I vaguely recall hearing complaints that the OnRez viewer was
> similar
> to the linden viewer with a notable exception that content creation tools
> were obfuscated. If true it would seem to me to be somewhat antithetical
> the spirit behind GPL.

The OnRez viewer also features a "Back" button, a simple yet useful
feature to get back to your previous location.
Unfortunately this feature still isn't in the official LL client.

Also, there are no sources of OnRez viewer and ESC doesn't make
a Linux release, so that I can't use the OnRez viewer because I'm
on Linux.

Opensource Obscure
http://friendfeed.com/oobscure