[sldev] iPhone/iPod Touch as a Second Life I/O device

Joshua Bell josh at lindenlab.com
Thu May 8 17:15:27 PDT 2008

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 19:51 -0500, Dale Mahalko wrote:
>
>> An interesting approach, doing all rendering on a remote server and
>> just streaming 2D video to the client.
>>

> I've run the client over VNC before... :)

It even works on some seriously low-powered hardware:
http://www.calormen.com/vnIIc

Joshua ;-)

(Disclaimers: This was an "art project", with no serious use intended.
The name "vnIIc" is a play on the names, not intended to imply protocol
compatibility. And there is nothing SL-specific about it, except it was
FUN. FYI it has advanced beyond the capabilities shown in the video -
keystrokes are now transmitted from the client and can be used to drive
apps on the server; mouse and joystick support is also coded but I need
to tweak the protocol a bit to make it fully functional.)