[sldev] Serial port errors

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed May 14 18:44:37 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Ajinkya Kale <kaleajinkya at gmail.com> wrote:

> In which function can I poll for serial port data in the SL source code. I
> want to poll for data only when the user is logged in so that I can write
> the serial port data to the chat bar.

You're trying to use the serial port as a keyboard? Doing this inside the SL
client seems awkward and wrong. I'm pretty sure serial port keyboard drivers
already exist. If there's not one you like, writing your own still seems
easier than hacking up the SL client. There's APIs available to synthesize
keypresses. I've done it myself in X11, but never in windows. But synergy,
and VNC servers are based around doing exactly that, so a look at their
source should be instructive:

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
http://www.tightvnc.com/