[sldev] Jira cleanup, giving pjira a little loving

Darien Caldwell darien_caldwell at comcast.net
Sat May 17 10:48:23 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawson English" <lenglish5 at cox.net>
To: "Matthew Dowd" <matthew.dowd at hotmail.co.uk>
<sldev at lists.secondlife.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [sldev] Jira cleanup, giving pjira a little loving

> It is the same packet that is delivering group/private IM and inventory
> offers (but not local chat). However, I think unless ALL of IM is hosed
> for some reason, your inventory offers should still be getting through.
>
> A very incomplete analysis of the IM packet is found here:
>
> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/ImprovedInstantMessage
>
> I was filling it in as I got group IM working in the Python bot, but
> that's been on hold for quite a while now.
>

> Lawson

Something is a bit different with Inventory offers, because this is the
behavior I see:

Before IM Cap:  IMs come through, as well as the "So-and-So has offered you
Inventory" messages. (and of course the Items come through.)

After IM Cap:  At some point (lets say 100) IMs, IMs stop coming through,
but continue to go to offline email. Inventory offers Also continue to go to
offline email, but The blue box to accept the item does *not* appear.
However, the item can be found in the inventory.

After some other higher level,  IMs and inventory offers continue to go to
offline email, however, on log in, no blue box, and no object in inventory.
That is when the loss occurs.