[sldev] A patch to allow creation of megaprims from withinthe viewer

Sidewinder Linden sidewinder at lindenlab.com
Sat May 17 14:16:49 PDT 2008

Karl Stiefvater wrote:
>> I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood. I thought the thrust of the
>> design was that it would become possible for landowners to return
>> objects that overlapped their parcels even if the center of the root
>> prim wasn't on their parcel. This comment makes me think that you may
>> mean that you're talking about returning objects that crossed parcel
>> lines automatically. I think THAT would be a very bad idea, because
>> there are a LOT of places where neighboring landowners have a common
>> build with a common theme without joining the land itself in common.
>> If that's the case then I would like to join in objecting to it.
>
> no no - you were right the first time.
>
> i guess that some ESTATE owners have content which crosses into their
> tenants PARCELS (rental boxes and whatnot) and they're requesting some
> mechanism to disable the encroaching return for their content.
>
> no, no plans to automatically return encroaching content.  i agree,
> that would be madness.
>

> K.
I think we had at one point, a couple of months ago, discussed the
concept that content placed by an estate owner would not be returnable
by tenants, since they are the ultimate owner of the area, and may have
many sorts of content that are considered "built-in". is this still on
the table? Would that solve the problem in a simple way?

Sidewinder