Vivox and 64-bit Fedora -- was Re: [sldev] Upcoming Releases

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Sun May 18 03:05:29 PDT 2008

Soft schrieb:
> Looks like you're running on a 64-bit host?
>
> You'll need to install 32-bit compatibility libraries as required by
> the Vivox daemon. Poppy posted instructions here for accomplishing
> this with a deb-based distribution a couple weeks back. I'm not sure
> how to proceed in identifying the libs with Fedora - anyone?
Allen Kerensky posted an extensive description of how he got it to work
on x86_64, Fedora 8 with Pulse Audio at
http://forums.secondlife.com/showthread.php?t=257837

But it looks rather, um, complicated. (He calls it "insanity".) Though,
it seems it already helped at least one other user, yet, so I'd have a
look at it if you are on a similar setup.

Boroondas