[sldev] Fwd: ISO MPEG-V

Matthew Underwood sakkaku at gmail.com
Tue May 27 09:16:08 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Tateru Nino <tateru.nino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas Grimshaw wrote:
>>
>> Yesha Sivan wrote:
>>>
>>> Re: creation. It is the ability to create things. arrange items, build
>>> them, program them and not worry about copybots.
>>
>> This is unachievable.
>
> Concur. I don't use the term 'impossible' very often, but I'm very tempted
> to do so here.

Particularly when you factor in the ability to transfer between
worlds.  If that is enabled then you greatly increase the risk to
content creators that somehow somewhere their stuff will be reverse
engineered.  I think it would be better to focus in on the remote
viewing and interaction as some of the other goals are unattainable
IMO.  As for currency, that is rather problematic as most MMOs have an
unlimited supply of it.  Also what prevents companies from printing
money then virtually robbing competitors?  I don't think that asset
level trust can be achieved and maintained so long as their is not a
[good] regulating body.