[sldev] branches/shadow-draft missing llrender.cpp

Matthew Underwood sakkaku at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:34:35 PDT 2008

> Tateru Nino wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I did. It did not run as well - 30% drop in framerates on that
>> system - that was my point. It pretty much killed my ability to use SL
>> on that box.
>
> Tateru - would you mind sitting down with me (virtually) to see exactly
> what is going on?  what you're experiencing just should not be.
>

> K.

On a slightly related note...  Can anyone explain what exactly is
consuming so much rendering cost in the SL client?  The only
attributable thing I can find is that literally dozens of polygons can
be used to render the same flat surface (ex A large cube, large
stretches of flat ground can takes thousands).  Isn't there anything
we can do to reduce the polygon waist and improve performance?  I am
not that proficient in 3d rendering so my observation could be wrong.