[sldev] cmake-9, what happened to cmake.py

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:16:19 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Soft <soft at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Robin Cornelius
> <robin.cornelius at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Soft <soft at lindenlab.com> wrote:
>>> Someone renamed it as develop.py but didn't update the export rules.
>>> That's a two-second fix - pushing that now.
>>>

>> Looks like there other stuff missing, the folder copy_win_scripts is
>> referred to in CMakeLists.txt but does not exist and is fatal to the
>> cmake process on windows. Also looks like "Target: secondlife-bin
>> depends on unknown target: copy_win_scripts"
>
> Would you try removing the dependency and the CMakeLists.txt entry for
> now? The scripts I see in there are for running the server. I'll try
> to modify the export scripts to remove those from the project by the
> Friday export.

Already removed them and got the build running anyway -)

Looks like line 1260 in newview\CMakeLists.txt should not exist then
if thats server only
add_dependencies(secondlife-bin copy_win_scripts) and probably lines
40-42 on indra\CMakeLists.txt should be in a if (SERVER) block then?

The only other thing was vstool.exe throw an error but i don't think
its serious as this only sets the startup project etc anyway.

Running 'tools\\vstool\\VSTool.exe --solution build-VC90\\SecondLife.sln --confi
g RelWithDebInfo --startup secondlife-bin' in 'C:\\cmake-9\\indra'
Opening solution: build-VC90\SecondLife.sln
Looking for existing VisualStudio instance...
  Didn't find open solution, now opening new VisualStudio instance...
  Reading .sln file version...
  Opening VS version: VC90...
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
Quitting do error opening: C:\cmake-9\indra\build-VC90\SecondLife.sln