[sldev] Landmarks and Navigation Update 2008-05-29

Stephany Filimon stephany at lindenlab.com
Thu May 29 17:39:35 PDT 2008

First, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to discuss proposed
designs on this list.  Ben and I have read them all, and they've been
taken into account during this week's round of design talk.

We received a new round of designs yesterday, which are posted at:
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/NAV-28

The latest designs are contained in these files:
Landmarks_Mgmt_Separated_001-1.pdf (1.12 Mb)
Landmarks_Mgmt_Unified_001-1.pdf (1.02 Mb)
SL_Viewer_Nav_Designs_Revision_02.zip (2.52 Mb)

"Separated" refers to "separated windows" rather than one large
UI/window.  "Unified" refers to one piece of larger UI vs. separate
windows.  In today's office hour, the "Separated" PDF was the preferred
design.

The other files in NAV-28 include earlier designs.

We also discussed the latest round of designs today at Benjamin Linden's
office hour.  If you missed it, the transcript is posted here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Landmarks_2008-05-29

The project wiki page is at:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Landmarks_and_Navigation_Project