[sldev] Landmarks and Navigation Update 2008-05-29

Felix Duesenburg kfa at gmx.net
Fri May 30 04:04:47 PDT 2008

That's precisely my concern, too.

If I were to make a guess in the dark about the motivation... there are
actually two classes of assets. First there are 'true' assets (someone
help me here, I'm lacking a better term), i.e. things that require a
creative process to make, like objects, textures, scripts, notecards
etc. The other type are just tidbits of information that are created
underway and need a place to be stored and organized, such as landmarks
and calling cards. I remember an earlier discussion about whether to
abolish the calling cards... I can see a motivation to try and
distinguish these things. However, I personally find this rather
academic and don't believe it would achieve anything. The inventory is a
good place for those things to live. The NAV project doesn't actually
aim to change that, as I understand it. Only to improve ways to access
landmarks or anything to do with locations. Right? Hopefully.

Felix