[sldev] A patch to address attached lights and particle sources

Anna Gulaev annagulaev at gmail.com
Fri May 30 04:08:36 PDT 2008

Able Whitman wrote:

> This patch adds Advanced menu options to disable particle sources and light
> sources that emanate from attachments.

I think the avatars are the most interesting part of SL, and even in a
crowded place I want to see everything that people are doing with their
avatars, within reason. I'll take detail over frame rate. So, I'm not likely
to ever want to turn off all attached light sources. What I'd really like is
something on the "more" avatar pie menu to allow me to mute light and
particle sources for individual avatars. And a pie-in-the-sky request would
be the ability for event hosts to mute such attachments for everyone
present. One avatar making a mockery of your carefully-prepared venue? Fix
the problem for everyone!