[sldev] Landmarks and Navigation Project Update 2008-05-22

Felix Duesenburg kfa at gmx.net
Fri May 30 07:10:05 PDT 2008

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> I would rather the texture picker just be a filtered inventory view...

 From what I can see in the source code, that's exactly what it already
is... not? In case I'm missing something, that could be the reason I
didn't get it to work yet.

> That's why I want the "landmarks" dropdown in the world map to ONLY show
> landmarks in my "Landmarks" folder. In fact I'd like to select which
> subfolder of the Landmarks folder the map looks at. That way landmarks
> in boxes and landmark givers don't clutter up the map view.

Then why not just preserve the folders as they are, just omitting those
that don't contain any landmarks. That way you know exactly where to look.

Well, it's not like we're fighting over a particular spot where only one
can exist. This is a friendly competition of ideas. Why not we file a
patch each under related issues and see what the votes say.

Felix