[sldev] Sim Size Limits?

Meadhbh Hamrick infinity at lindenlab.com
Sat Nov 1 09:52:08 PDT 2008

hmm... this came up at Zero's office hours a while back. i thought we
said that if we were going to support multiple world geometries and/or
coordinate systems, we should simply use a tensor field to define the
shape of space and be done with it.

but... i totally agree with Q, it will be a very long time before
we'll be able to support arbitrary spacial geometries. the
llGetWorldConstant() would allow scripters to write scripts that could
behave differently on platforms that do support such things. (i.e. -
someone could modify OpenSim to demonstrate the functionality they
would want to see on the SL grid.)

-cheers
-m / ∞