[sldev] maint-render-10 crashes at launch, can't create texture

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 09:03:30 PDT 2008

Hi, I have the exact same problem, after compiling 1.21.6 downloaded from
the source downloads page, added the relevant libraries (which were working
fine until 1.20.17, but I never tried with a 1.21.* until now), running the
viewer crashes on startup. I am running on Windows, compiling with VC2005
Express, the target is "Release".

My log is identical to azdel's. I'm pretty sure the artwork and other zip
files are ok, since their names are all *viewer_1-21-r99587.zip

The crash occurs within LLImageJ2C::decodeChannels(), so probably related to
a texture decoding going nuts.

Please help, I have very little time to even apply my patch to this new
version, and cannot even make it to run from a vanilla code... Anybody found
the solution to this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Marine